A Home Sellers Must Do Checklist
A Home Sellers “Must Do” Checklist
I have mentioned before that 1st impressions are very important in selling your home, so why do some homes sell faster than others? The many different factors may include the price, condition of the property, location, time of the year, neighbourhood, buyer’s preference, and more. But more often it’s the feeling that the buyer was left with after viewing the home, the impression that your home left.
Use this “must do” checklist as a guide to have an edge over other homes:
- Choose a date you’d like to list your home on the market Preparing your home to show to potential buyers takes time and effort. You’re date could be delayed if you don’t plan for the things needed to be done before you list.
- First impressions of your home start outside Liven up your garden, add new life to it with colourful flowers and plants. Be sure to keep the exterior of your home clean, including the siding, driveway, yard and windows.
- Have a REALTOR® visit your home to give you advice Many upgrades could be beneficial. It’s important to know which upgrades will give you the best returns on your investment, and which will not.
- First step inside of your home is to de-clutter Take out extra furniture to open up the rooms, cluttered rooms give the illusion that they are smaller than they actually are. Some sellers won’t want to remove their family photos from the home, but they really should. Buyers want to be able to picture themselves living in the home, and your personal pictures could make it harder for them to envision that. Organize crowded garages, inside of closets and storage spaces.
- Oil all locks and hinges Creaky doors and cabinets can give a sense of something being old or falling apart. Disable noises for a better showing.
- Kitchens and bathrooms are usually considered the most important rooms It’s important that these rooms shine like diamonds! Make sure all the light bulbs work and all faucets turn on and off without leaking.
- Re-arranging your furniture can make all the difference Having a good flow from room to room not only feels nice, it feels right. A more open concept can allow buyers to ease their way through your home. Your local stager can give you tips or help you with this process.
- Have pets? Empty the litter box before showings, keep the kennels clean and keep all pet food in air tight containers.
Your first impression is often the last impression you get with prospective buyers, it’s key to make your home’s a great one!
Click on the icons below to share on social media
For more info on Vancouver real estate or Penthouses in Vancouver from Alex Ma click here
Not intended to solicit properties currently listed for sale or buyers under contract.The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and indentify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.Used under license. Independently Owned and Operated. ®/™ trademarks owned by Century 21 Real Estate LLC used under license or authorized sub-license. © 2016 Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership!
All data and information provided in this article is for informational purposes only. Alex Ma makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness,currentness, suitability, or validity of any information in this guide and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.
- July 2017 Metro Vancouver Housing Market Summary - August 9, 2017
- 5 Tips To Create Your Own Outdoor Oasis - July 8, 2017
- August 2016 Housing Market Update - September 11, 2016